One party not complying with court orders – what can I do?

Family Law Act places requirements upon persons not to interfere with or hinder a person in carrying out their obligations under parenting orders. A non-complying party can be the subject of a contravention application.

A contravention application is a distinct, technical application, where the court considers whether a party has contravened an order, and if so, what penalty if any is appropriate to impose on that parent. The purpose of a contravention application is to determine whether a party is guilty of not complying with a court order.

Due to the technical and complex nature of the contravention application, please contact our office to discuss your situation.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top